February 6, 2019
CELEBRATING AGRICULTURE: Farmers, ranchers and people working in ag related businesses are honored annually by North Dakota State University in a celebration of the North Dakota agriculture.
The people North Dakota State University has recognized with Excellence in Agriculture will surprise you!
Click through the attached gallery to learn about a farm family who gives an annual scholarship to a local high school senior who is going to study agriculture; a farmer who is also a district court judge; a grain farmer who owns a sow center and swine finishing farm; a farm couple who sell grain and cattle now but used to sell shoes; and a commercial sheep grower who is an award-winning veterinarian.
Award counties and award winners profiled in this installment are:
• Morton — Douglas and Carol Hille, Mandan
• Mountrail — John and Julie Woodbury, Ross
• Nelson — Randy and Jeanne Schaley, Niagara
• Oliver — Rob Schmidt, Center
• Oliver — Ryan Schmidt, Center
• Pembina — Doug and Barbara Whelan, Crystal
• Pierce — Larry and Paula Kraft, Rugby
• Ramsey — Paul and Renee Ivesdal, Edmore
• Ransom — Andrew and Myrene Peterson, Enderlin
• Renville — Ron Volk, Sherwood
• Richland — Terry and Carlotta Spelhaug, Kindred
Check out the winners from these counties:
Source: NDSU provided the information about the recipients, is solely responsible for the information and wholly owns the information. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
Current Conditions for
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.
This Week in Agribusiness, Dec. 9, 2023Dec 08, 2023
FFA Tribute: Caleb HorneDec 08, 2023
Grains face modest end-of-week cutsJan 18, 2023
USDA issues minor cuts to 2023/24 Brazil soybean cropDec 08, 2023