February 4, 2019
CELEBRATING AGRICULTURE: Farmers, ranchers and people working in ag-related businesses are honored annually by North Dakota State University in a celebration of North Dakota agriculture.
North Dakota State University’s Excellence in Agriculture awards winners raise more than just wheat, corn and soybeans.
In this group honorees, farmers and ranchers produce everything from pumpkins to bucking bulls.
The diversity of farmers showed up in their off-farm jobs and volunteer service. One couple has donated 180,000 pounds of produce to the food banks. Several are volunteer fireman. One woman has an unconventional but inspiriting healing business for people and animals.
In the second installment of a six-part series about NDSU’s Excellence in Agriculture recipients, winners from the following counties are profiled in the featured slideshow:
• Dickey — Larry and Laura Schumacher, Fullerton
• Divide — Byron and Shelley Carter, Fortuna
• Dunn — Chris and Jolyn Wasem, Halliday
• Eddy — Tim and Judy Allmaras, New Rockford
• Emmons — Tom and Tamie Bernhardt, Linton
• Fort Berthold — Myron Foote, New Town
• Foster — Kevin and Jennifer Wolsky, Carrington
• Golden Valley — Rory and Stephanie Farstveet, Beach
• Grand Forks — Tyler and Emelia Stover, Larimore
• Grant — Jacalyn Hartman, Elgin
Check out the winners from these counties:
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
Current Conditions for
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.
This Week in Agribusiness, Dec. 9, 2023Dec 08, 2023
FFA Tribute: Caleb HorneDec 08, 2023
Grains face modest end-of-week cutsJan 18, 2023
USDA issues minor cuts to 2023/24 Brazil soybean cropDec 08, 2023