The people North Dakota State University has recognized with Excellence in Agriculture will surprise you!
Click through the attached gallery to learn about a farm family who gives an annual scholarship to a local high school senior who is going to study agriculture; a farmer who is also a district court judge; a grain farmer who owns a sow center and swine finishing farm; a farm couple who sell grain and cattle now but used to sell shoes; and a commercial sheep grower who is an award-winning veterinarian.
Award counties and award winners profiled in this installment are:
• Morton — Douglas and Carol Hille, Mandan
• Mountrail — John and Julie Woodbury, Ross
• Nelson — Randy and Jeanne Schaley, Niagara
• Oliver — Rob Schmidt, Center
• Oliver — Ryan Schmidt, Center
• Pembina — Doug and Barbara Whelan, Crystal
• Pierce — Larry and Paula Kraft, Rugby
• Ramsey — Paul and Renee Ivesdal, Edmore
• Ransom — Andrew and Myrene Peterson, Enderlin
• Renville — Ron Volk, Sherwood
• Richland — Terry and Carlotta Spelhaug, Kindred
Check out the winners from these counties: