California vineyards and wineries are encouraged to apply for the 2022 California Green Medal Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards, with applications now being accepted at greenmedal.org.
Vineyards and wineries that participate in a sustainability program in California are eligible to apply in four award categories, recognizing outstanding achievement in sustainability:
- Leader Award, given to the vineyard or winery that demonstrates success and innovation in all of the below three areas of sustainable winegrowing and also inspires others.
- Environment Award, given to the vineyard or winery that best demonstrates Environmental Stewardship through maximized environmental benefits from implementing sustainable practices.
- Community Award, given to the vineyard or winery that is a Good Neighbor and Employer using the most innovative practices that enhance relations with employees, neighbors and/or communities.
- Business Award, given to the vineyard or winery that best demonstrates Smart Business through efficiencies, cost savings and innovation from implementing sustainable practices.
“The California Green Medal awards provide an annual opportunity to showcase vintners and winegrape growers who are deeply committed to environmentally and socially responsible practices,” said Allison Jordan, Executive Director. “We are excited to review the 2022 entries, which always provide practical and real-life examples of the California wine community’s leadership in sustainable winegrowing.”
The 2021 California Green Medal recipients included:
- O’Neill Vintners & Distillers, Leader Award
- Shannon Ridge Family of Wines, Environment Award
- Boisset Collection, Community Award
- Trinchero Family Estates, Business Award
Applications are being accepted now through Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2022.