Now through Aug. 15, consumers may vote for their favorite lamb bash in the American Lamb Board’s Summer Lambventures contest. Nine consumers from across the nation were recruited to host summer parties for a grill-off competition where consumers vote for their favorite.
The party hosts each chose their summer lambventures personality: fit foodie, outdoor adventurer, or patio party planner. Each host received American Lamb party packs that included ground lamb and butterflied legs. Then they each hosted a group of friends and family during June, and submitted their party pics, menus, recipes and theme for the official voting page.
The gatherings featuring American Lamb as the centerpiece:
- “Patio Grill Party” hosted by Morgan in Washington, D.C.
- “Lamb BaaBaaQewe” hosted by Mike in Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- “A Lamb Good Time on Lookout Mountain” hosted by Rich and Lora in Lookout Mountain, Colorado
- “Baaad and Boujee” hosted by Angela in Haymarket, Virginia
- “Middle Eastern Patio Party” hosted by Sherri in Crestview, Florida
- “Mason’s Mediterranean Lambstravaganza” hosted by Adman in Des Moines, Iowa
- “Lamb and Libations” hosted by Suzanne in Napa Valley, California
- “Lamb-A-Pool-Ooza” hosted by Whitney in Dallas, Texas
- “BaaBQ with a V’ewe” hosted by Andrea in Seattle, Washington
The party with the most votes at the end of the contest will win a Traeger grill. More than 7,000 consumers have already voted. Consumers who vote, select their summer lambventures personality and submit their e-mail address will receive a custom lamb party menu based on their personality and are entered for a chance to win prizes.
The American Lamb Board hosts seasonal contests to inspire consumers to use more lamb year-round and to expand their consumer audience.