Bayer is offering dicamba training online as many farmers and applicators are working from home and practicing safe social distancing.
The online training options provide the same level of certification for the use of over-the-top dicamba chemistries as farmers receive in person — while keeping attendees safe from the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and spreading the infection within their communities.
“These are clearly unique times,” said Alex Zenteno, dicamba product manager at Bayer. “For those who are spending more time at home, this is a great time to be productive and get this training under their belts.”
Bayer has two online training options for customers and applicators wanting to fulfill their requirements.
- Online Computer Training. Available 24/7, this self-guided dicamba application training meets the federal label requirements while advancing stewardship of crop protection products now and in the future. Available in English and Spanish, applicators can navigate this module at their own pace.
- Live Webinar Training. One final live webinar training is scheduled for April 6, which will provide trainees the same information as the self-guided option but with the ability to ask questions live and learn from other participants’ questions during the event.
Many states support online pesticide renewal; however, a handful do not. All applicators are encouraged to check with their state pesticide regulatory agency for training and application requirements locally and how they may have changed in response to COVID-19.
To participate in either form of training, applicators can visit training.roundupreadyxtend.com for more information.
Updating annual training for the over-the-top application of dicamba herbicides is mandatory for all farmers and applicators wanting to use the technology.
Syngenta follows suit
Mandatory annual training and certification for Tavium Plus VaporGrip Technology and other dicamba herbicides is being offered exclusively online this year. Upon completion of the relevant dicamba herbicide training course, applicators will receive a printable certificate of completion that will serve as proof of training for recordkeeping purposes as required by law.
Tavium applicator training can be found here: https://syngentaus.docebosaas.com/dicamba/learn.
Planting Enlist E3 sybeans in 2020?
Corteva Agriscience is offering an informational webinar on Enlist E3 soybeans on April 9 and 17 and May 4.
These one-hour sessions cover how to achieve effective weed control on acres of Enlist E3 soybeans, tank-mixing with Enlist herbicides, field scenarios and spray requirements.
Steve Snyder, Enlist field specialist with Corteva Agriscience, will lead the webinars.
Available webinar options (the same content is repeated in each webinar):
- Thursday, April 9, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. CDT, Register here
- Friday, April 17, 8 to 9 a.m. CDT, Register here
- Monday, May 4, 8 to 9 a.m. CDT, Register here
Registration is limited to the first 1,000 participants. After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email containing instructions for joining the webinar.