December 23, 2014
Indiana Governor Pence recently named new appointees to several boards and commissions in the state. The State Soil Conservation Board and the Indiana Board of Registration for Soil Scientists topped the list released in December.
Thomas Eickholtz of Noble County has been appointed to serve a four-year term on the Indiana Board of Registration for Soil Scientists. Four other members: David Lefforge, Gary Steinhardt, John Bonsett, and Spencer William, were all reappointed to the committee. All five committee members' terms are 4 years long and will expire in November of 2018.
Indiana State Soil Conservation Board: Indiana Governor Pence recently appointed new members to State Soil Conservation Board to bring it current and set for the New Year.
The committee receiving the most attention by soil enthusiasts is the Indiana State Soil Conservation Board. There was concern last summer about vacancies. When Bill Mann of New Carlisle, a Master Farmer, passed away in mid-2013, committee progress seemed to come to a halt, and vacancies weren't being filled.
The mission statement for the SSCB states that it is to provide information, advice and consultation to soil and water conservation district supervisors to assist them in carrying out their powers and programs.
Key actions will be to provide policy and funding direction to the Indiana Department of Agriculture-Division of Soil Conservation on the administration of Clean Water Indiana Program, to help address statewide natural resource concerns as identified in local districts in the state.
This board dates back long before the division of soil conservation and was dissolved by Daniels during his term as Governor. He later reappointed a new Board.
The board of consists of seven members with 3 to 4 year terms. Five members were reappointed and two new members were added to the committee.
Current members of the Indiana State Soil Conservation Board include:
• Martin "Ray" Chattin (Knox County), appointed to serve a four-year term through November 30, 2018
• Robert Woodling (Monroe County), appointed to serve a four-year term through November 30, 2018
• Scott Ham (Floyd County), reappointed to serve a four-year term through November 30, 2018
• Nola Gentry (Tippecanoe County), reappointed to serve a three-year term through November 30, 2017
• Warren Baird (Tipton County), reappointed to serve a three-year term through November 30, 2017
• Robert Eddleman (Marion County), reappointed to serve a four-year term through November 30, 2018
• Larry Clemens (Steuben County), reappointed to serve a three-year term through November 30, 2017
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
Current Conditions for
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.