Mark your calendar and join us Jan. 22 for the 2020 Farm Futures Ag Finance Boot Camp. Three farm finance experts with years of real-world experience will walk you through the most crucial aspects of farm finance to help you master the business side of agriculture.
This can’t miss day-long workshop is set for the Coralville Marriott Hotel and Conference Center outside Iowa City, Iowa, and precedes the 2020 Farm Futures Business Summit, which takes place Jan. 23-24.
CPA Paul Neiffer, principal with CliftonLarsonAllen, will be joined by FarmerMac executive vice president Curt Covington and AgriAuthority founder Ashley Arrington, to share insights on running your farm like a business.
- The important of equity and working capital
- How to manage your farm’s crop loan
- How to sound smart with your lender
- How to use financial ratios and Dupont model to get a clearer picture of your farm business’ performance
- How to manage farm growth, with and without debt
- How to benchmark your business against like-sized operations and your historic performance
- Why it’s important to know difference between cash and accrual accounting
- Understanding liquidity reserves
- How to develop a marketing plan based not on hope but on hard numbers
“I think you are doing a fantastic job – keep it up,” wrote one attendee in a post-workshop survey last year. “It’s the most valuable meeting I go to in the winter.” Another wrote: “I’m really enjoying this and learning a lot. I would like to see more topics like the ones presented here.”
Learning about finance can sometimes be difficult. That’s why our instructors take a pro-active approach where every question gets asked and answered, either live or through our smart phone real-time technology (yes, you get to use your phone in class!)
“I thought the hands-on approach was great this year,” wrote one attendee in last year’s post conference survey. “You can talk about what you should do all day long, but ‘showing’ how to do is so much better.”
To register go to FarmFuturessummit.com and click on the Boot Camp links. Bookmark that page and check for updates. While you’re there, sign up for the Summit, two days of high-level insights that can help you make better risk management and business decisions on the farm.
See you in Iowa!