Peterson Farms Seed adds 11 new soybean varieties. They include new LibertyLink GT27 soybean varieties. Here’s the company’s descriptions of some of the varieties:
• 19X03N Roundup Ready 2 Xtend — .03 maturity. This bean’s top-end iron deficiency chlorosis tolerance might be our new No. 1. Great new genetics, regardless of trait. Stands tall with lateral branches loaded with pods.
• 19B04 LibertyLink GT27 — .04 maturity. Our earliest LLGT27 variety. This new bean has shown great early season emergence and vigor. Good LLGT27 replacement for L04-16 and 13R03.
• 19B05 LibertyLink GT27 — .5 maturity. Nice bushy plant type. Good IDC tolerance. Excellent 2017 performance in our replicated trials. Strong vigor in spring of 2018.
• 19B07 LibertyLink GT27 — .9 maturity. First variety with LL trait and Rps3a for phytophthora field tolerance. Handled dry conditions well in our plots last year. Fits L07-16N or 15R07N acres. Matured later in 2018, Change to .9 maturity.
• 19X10N Roundup Ready 2 Xtend — 1.0 maturity. Proven to be an adaptable bean across our region. This bean’s top-end IDC tolerance is an advantage over 14R09N & 14R11N. Good phytophthora field tolerance.
• 19B11 LibertyLink GT27 — 1.1 maturity. Branchy bean that canopies quickly. Good IDC tolerance. This bean was proven as a 2017 yield leader.
• 19B14 LibertyLink GT27 — 1.4 maturity. Excellent IDC tolerance. Full SCN resistance. Nice bushy plant to cover the row. Good phythophthora field tolerance.
• 19B16 LibertyLink GT27 — 1.6 maturity. Nice package of soybean cyst nematode and phytophthora resistance. Moderate IDC rating, so watch placement on hot ground. Good companion to 19B18.
• 19X17N Roundup Ready 2 Xtend — 1.7 maturity. Great agronomic package of emergence, standability, and SCN resistance. The genetics show a moderate tolerance to white mold. The competition didn’t have a chance against this bean in our 2017 trials.
• 19B18 LibertyLink GT27 — 1.8 maturity. Great IDC, brown stem rot and full SCN ratings. Excellent standability and harvest notes from 2017. Go-to bean in the late 1.0s.
• 19B20 LibertyLink GT27 — 2.0 maturity. Yields with our above-2.0 maturity beans. A great replacement for L21-16N. Keep off of your IDC-prone soils.
Source: Peterson Farms Seed