Farmers for Free Trade is bringing their Motorcade for Trade tour to Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois this summer before returning to Washington, D.C., for an Ag Rally for USMCA at noon on Sept. 12, 2019.
Farmers for Free Trade is a nationwide, bipartisan coalition of ag commodity groups that supports the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement.
The Motorcade for Trade tour includes a 12-foot RV that members of Congress from both parties have climbed aboard at stops across the country. The August recess tour will focus on summer agricultural fairs in an effort to continue to build support among farmers.
“The only way to get USMCA over the finish line is with the vocal support of American farmers,” said Angela Hofmann, co-executive director of Farmers for Free Trade. “Our August recess tour is more than just public education on the agreement. At every stop we encourage farmers to write, tweet, meet with or otherwise engage with their member of Congress. When a farmer in a member of Congress’s home district asks to put the future of their farm over partisanship or politics that really resonates.”
Since April, the Motorcade for Trade has made more than 50 stops in more than 20 states. The tour has included visits with more than 30 members of Congress and their staff.
August Motorcade for Trade stops are listed below. Additional dates and stops will be added.
- Aug. 6-8 at Minnesota Farmfest, Morgan, Minn., 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Daily);
- Aug. 8-11 at Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, Iowa, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Daily);
- Aug. 13 at Illinois Ag Day at Illinois State Fair in Springfield, Illinois, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Daily);
- Aug. 14 at Illinois State Fair, Democrat Day, Crown Plaza Hotel, Springfield, Illinois;
- Aug. 28-29 at Farm Progress Show, Decatur, Illinois, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.;