Alabama schedules immigration seminarsAlabama schedules immigration seminars
• The seminars are being conducted by Alabama Employers for Immigration Reform (ALEIR), of which the Alabama Farmers Federation is a member.• ALEIR will educate employers about how the new law will impact their businesses.
August 2, 2011
Due to an overwhelming response of registrants, an extra seminar aimed at educating farmers and other employers about Alabama’s new immigration law has been added to a meeting in Birmingham, Aug. 3.
The seminars are being conducted by Alabama Employers for Immigration Reform (ALEIR), of which the Alabama Farmers Federation is a member. ALEIR will educate employers about how the new law will impact their businesses.
Dates and locations of the ALEIR seminars are:
• Birmingham, Aug. 3 at Rosewood Hall, Soho, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (REACHED CAPACITY).
• Birmingham, Aug. 3 at Rosewood Hall, Soho, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (SPACE IS LIMITED BUT STILL AVAILABLE).
• Montgomery, Aug. 17at the Gordon Persons Building Auditorium, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Huntsville, Aug. 31, to be announced.
A question-and-answer session will follow each seminar. The registration fee is $25.
The seminars will feature attorneys from Maynard, Cooper and Gale; Capell and Howard; Balch and Bingham, and Bradley, Arant, Boult and Cummings.
Another seminar is set for Saturday, Aug. 6, at 11 a.m., during the Federation's Commodity Producers Conference in Huntsville. It will feature Paul Schlegel of the American Farm Bureau Federation; Ted Hosp, an attorney with Maynard, Cooper and Gale in Birmingham; and Dan Bremer with Ag Works Inc., which helps farmers find temporary or seasonal workers.
An informational flyer about the ALEIR seminars is available in the PDF download below.
For more information about these seminars, contact Mac Higginbotham in the Federation’s Governmental and Agricultural Programs Department at 800-392-5705, ext. 5610 or [email protected].
You May Also Like
Current Conditions for
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.