The National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB), through Dairy Management Inc., which manages the national dairy checkoff, annually awards $2,500 scholarships to students enrolled in programs that emphasize dairy and who have shown potential to become future dairy leaders. In addition, the NDB awards a $3,500 James H. Loper Jr. Memorial Scholarship to one outstanding scholarship recipient.
Eligible majors include journalism, communications/public relations, marketing, business, economics, nutrition, food science or agriculture education. Scholarship criteria include academic achievement, a career interest in a dairy-related discipline, along with demonstrated leadership, initiative and integrity.
Nora Faris, who attends the University of Missouri, earned the 2017-18 James H. Loper Jr. Memorial Scholarship.
Students earning $2,500 scholarships:
- Alexandra Gambonini, California Polytechnic State University;
- Kirby Krogstad, South Dakota State University;
- Riley Lewis, Purdue University;
- Jason Perkins, Purdue University;
- Andrew Pryor, Middle Tennessee State University;
- Tony Rice, Pennsylvania State University;
- Audrey Schmitz, Kansas State University;
- Meghan Skiba, University of Wisconsin-Madison;
- Gabriella Sorg, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities;
- Audrey Souza, South Dakota State University;
- Jacob Weg, South Dakota State University.
Source: National Dairy Board