The Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board and the Arkansas Soybean Association are pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Contest. The contest divided state soybean producers into eight groups, seven geographic regions and one all state conventional (non-GMO) category. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three in each division achieving a minimum of 60-bushels-per-acres at the annual meeting of the Arkansas Soybean Association on January 27, 2014. The meeting will be held at the Grand Prairie Center in Stuttgart, Ark.
We want to commend our three producers this year who reached the 100 bushel/acre milestone. The Race for 100 began in 2007 and in 2013, three producers reached the goal. In 2014, David Bennett from Chicot County set a new state record harvesting 112.012 bu/a with Asgrow 4632RR. Matt Miles again harvested over 100 with 100.609 bu/a after planting Pioneer 45T11R. Sherrie Kay Miles planted Pioneer 48T53R to beat out her husband with 106.499 bu/a. These are the newest members of the Arkansas 100 Bushel Club.
Congratulations to the following winners. We appreciate the participation of all the producers entered in the contest and the sharing of their production methods and secrets with the rest of Arkansas.
Northeast Delta: :
- Mike Hook, Craighead County, Pioneer 46T21 RR, 98.917 bushels.
- Casey Hook, Craighead County, Pioneer 46T21 RR, 97.697 bushels.
- Paul Bingham, Poinsett County, Pioneer 46T21 RR, 96.867 bushels.
- Brad French, Randolph County, Pioneer 46T21 RR, 91.939 bushels.
- Karl Garner, Cross County, Asgrow 5332 RR, 91.665 bushels.
- Blake Goodman, Clay County, Pioneer 47T36 RR, 90.797 bushels.
White River Basin:
- Perry Galloway, Woodruff County, Pioneer 47T36 RR, 99.630 bushels.
- Dennis Haigwood, Jackson County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 92.556 bushels.
- Kyle Fuller/Ray Fuller Farms, Monroe County, Pioneer 47T36 RR, 90.704 bushels.
- Jason Berry, Arkansas County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 99.330 bushels.
- Heath/Kirk Whitmore, Arkansas County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 95.198 bushels.
- Dow Brantley, Lonoke County, Pioneer 47T36 RR, 94.585 bushels.
East Central Delta:
- Mike Taylor, Jr., Phillips County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 96.081 bushels.
- Gere Carnathan, Phillips County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 94.391 bushels.
- Chase Yancey, Phillips County, Asgrow 4232 RR, 92.754 bushels.
- David Bennett, Chicot County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 112.012 bushels.
- Sherrie Miles, Ashley County, Pioneer 48T53 RR, 106.499 bushels.
- Matt Miles, Desha County, Pioneer 45T11 RR, 100.609 bushels.
- Nick Moore, Conway County, Pioneer 94Y70 RR, 75.202 bushels.
- Lucas Moore, Armor 46R42 RR, 64.290 bushels.
- Jason Smith, Desha County, Armor 49-C3, 76.557 bushels.
- Will Nicholson, Cross County, Emerge 4993, 73.390 bushels.
- Stan Haigwood, Jackson County, Armor 49-C3, 72.654 bushels.
The Grow for the Green Yield Soybean Yield Challenge is funded by the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board using producer checkoff funds. The contests are administered by the Arkansas Soybean Association in cooperation with the University Of Arkansas Division Of Agriculture.
Many thanks to the county Extension staff and independent consultants who help producers achieve these yields and serve as harvest judges. Complete contest harvest information is available on the websites of the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board and the Arkansas Soybean Association.
For additional information on the soybean yield contests in Arkansas, please contact the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board or Arkansas Soybean Association at (501) 666-1418 or email@example.com. Information will also be available on both websites www.arkansassoybean.com and www.themiraclebean.com.