Compeer Financial, a member-owned Farm Credit cooperative, will hold a series of educational workshops across the organization’s Wisconsin territory in January. The Strengthening Your Roots for 2020 workshops will help farmers prepare for the 2020 farm year with information about how the seasonality of agriculture can serve as a blueprint for business planning.
The experienced crop insurance, tax, accounting and credit team members at Compeer will guide attendees through a simple, collaborative approach to business planning for the farm. The workshop will cover how everyday decisions on the farm impact taxes and accounting, how crop insurance decisions can impact other business planning options throughout the year, and a how a strong marketing plan can create peace of mind and stability in the planning process. The team at Compeer will show attendees how to put all these tools together to create a more comprehensive business plan for the farm.
Workshops will be held in the following locations:
- Boscobel, Jan. 21, Boscobel Bowl and Banquet at 9716 U.S. 61
- Burlington, Jan. 23, Veteran’s Terrace at 589 Milwaukee Ave.
- Eau Claire, Jan. 13, Florian Gardens at 2340 Lorch Ave.
- Fond du Lac, Jan. 17, Radisson Hotel and Conference Center at 625 W. Rolling Meadows Drive
- Janesville, Jan. 24, Holiday Inn Express at 3100 Wellington Place
- Monroe, Jan. 22, Turner Hall of Monroe at 1217 17th Ave.
- Onalaska, Jan. 15, Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center at 3060 S. Kinney Coulee Road
- Richland Center, Jan. 20, Phoenix Center at 100 S. Orange St.
- Watertown, Jan. 16, Turner Hall at 301 S. 4th St.
- Wisconsin Dells, Jan. 14, Wintergreen Hotel at 60 Gasser Road
The Strengthening Your Roots for 2020 workshops are from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is no cost to attend, and lunch is included, but advance registration is required. To register or for more information, visit compeer.com/roots or call Compeer Financial at 844-426-6733.