University of Tennessee AgResearch and Extension are hosting the annual Cotton Tour Sept. 7, 2011 at the West Tennessee AgResearch & Education Center, Jackson, Tenn.
Featuring eight informative presentations, led by cotton, insect and weed specialists from across the region, Cotton Tour will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude by 1 p.m. Registration begins at 8 a.m.
Presentations are as follows:
• Variety Selection, Performance, Effects of Planting Date, Cover Crops & Defoliation, Dr. Chris Main, UT Extension/AgResearch.
• Variety Response to Irrigation, Dr. Tom Barber, University of Arkansas.
• Deficit Irrigation of Cotton, Dr. Brian Leib, UT Extension.
• Plant Response to Irrigation Regimes, Mr. Matthew Wiggins, UT AgResearch.
• Response of Cotton to Ignite Herbicide, Dr. Darrin Dodds, Mississippi State University.
• Herbicide Resistant Weed Control in Cotton, Dr. Larry Steckel, UT Extension.
• Weed Competition in Cotton, Kelly Barnett, UT AgResearch.
• Insect Management: Thrips, Plant Bugs, Stink Bugs & Worms, Dr. Scott Stewart, UT Extension.
Continuing education units for certified crop advisors and pesticide applicators will be available.
Admission is free and open to the public.
For more information, including directions to the West Tennessee AgResearch & Education Center, go to http://west.tennessee.edu.