Each year we spend time at holiday parties and exchange gits with our colleagues. And while the season is full of the spirit of giving, it’s also a great time to get deals on technology and office tools to help your smart office work more smoothly in the upcoming year. Here are six tech under the tree ideas to upgrade your farm office this season:
- Go ultra with your laptop! Ultrabooks are high-performing, lightweight laptops and an excellent option for offices on the go. Consider the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon or the HP Elitebook x360. You will not regret having a light and versatile laptop that you can use anywhere.
- Go wireless with your headphones. At $159, Apple’s AirPods are quite the cost, and the JBL Free wireless in-ear headphones are only $10 less. A more affordable option for cord connection-free headphones are Bluetooth headphones – some sell for as little as $33. These can be used to listen to news, music, activate your digital assistant and even make phone calls.
- Charge all the things! Mophie powerstation portable chargers can help keep your devices charged no matter where you are. They are versatile enough to handle smartphones, tablets and even some laptops! Prices range from $69.95 to $149.95. Never be caught with a dead battery again!
- Safe and secure storage. YETI is known for its excellent cooler cups and products, but it also has dry storage options. The YETI sidekick and fits easily alongside your cooler and keeps your tech devices dry. Are you looking for standalone storage? The ibagbar laptop backpack is not only water resistant; it includes a charging port!
- Save on smartphones and tablets. More often than not, wireless carriers are building payment plans into their monthly bills to get you to upgrade your smartphone. The costs are high, and the savings can be questionable. If you are okay with having an older generation device, consider purchasing a device from a peer-to-peer service like Swappa or buy a refurbished product from the manufacturer.
- Extend your farm’s WiFi coverage. As technology expands on farms, access to internet connectivity can be a major concern. One way that farm offices with a quality wired connection can address that concern is to set up a wireless mesh network. Ayrstone offers a product built for expanding internet connectivity on farms. Using a network of hubs, you can extend your WiFi network for miles.
The opinions of the author are not necessarily those of Farm Futures or Farm Progress.