is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist

Your input

Grain auger parts

Where can I find parts for a Grain Chief grain auger, which was manufactured by a division of Gilmore-Tatge Mfg. Co. Inc. of Clay Center, KS?
Robert Fitzer
Joliet, IL

GT (Gilmore-Tatge) dryer parts convert to Grain Chief auger parts. You may find some of these parts at GT Manufacturing (Gilmore-Tatge Manufacturing), 6th and Sherman, Clay Center, KS 67432, 800/423-9428. Otherwise, try Augers Unlimited, 735 Fox Chase, Suite 114, Coatsville, PA 19320, 800/345-8276,

Posthole help

I'm looking for a gearbox for a Yellow Devil posthole auger. If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Glen De Weerd
Rock Valley, IA

Contact Kim Supply, 1407 Kansas Ave., Kansas City, MO 64127, 816/241-2330.

I need parts for a posthole digger — a Continental nXL88. I bought it in Hillsboro, OH. The company has gone out of business.
Dale Smittle
Peebles, OH

Try Ag-Mir, 920 E. 6th Ave., Belton, TX 76513, 254/939-3731.


I need parts for my Comput-N-Acre, which was built by Agritech Equipment of Hugo, MN. My dad bought it 10 to 15 years ago, and now I can't locate the company. Can you help?
Kevin Kimbrough
Ohiowa, NE

Contact Farmtronics, 2941B Miners Ave., Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7K 4Z6, 800/799-8001, Farmtronics also can service the Comput-N-Acre.

Dry fertilizer spreader

I own a Pamco dry fertilizer spreader for which I need to buy parts. I've searched the Internet to no avail.
I have enjoyed FIN for years.
Many thanks in advance!
John Mangogna
via e-mail

Contact Pamco Inc., Box 298, Oskaloosa, IA 52577, 641/672-2576.

Saddle tanks

I can't seem to find a certain company known for building a variety of stainless steel saddle tanks for fertilizer and chemical use. Is Chem-Farm Inc. of Evansville, IN, out of business? It has been suggested that they were bought out by someone else some years ago but are now on their own again.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Kevin McKee
Stockton, IL

Chem-Farm is still in business and still makes stainless steel saddle tanks. Contact the company at 2110 N. 6th Ave., Evansville, IN 47710, 800/279-6355.

PTO alternator

Where can I obtain parts for a Pincor PTO alternator manufactured by Pioneer Gen-E-Motor Corp.?
Rick Bunnel
Welda, KS

Contact Desa International, 2701 Industrial Dr., Bowling Green, KY 42101, 270/781-9600.

How to reach us

Write to us at; Farm Industry News, 7900 International Dr., Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55425; or (click on e-mail). We assume all letters to be for publication. Letters may be edited for length and clarity.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.