is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist

Your input

Grain cart gearbox

We have a Caldwell 450 Grain Cart made in Corpus Christy, TX. From what we've been told, the company is out of business. We are looking for a three-way gearbox.
Glenn VanZee
Armour, SD

Crustbuster/Speed King Inc. can help you out. Contact the company at Box 1438, Dodge City, KS 67801, 620/227-7108,

Replacement tools

I am looking for an address or information for Thorsen Tool Company. I have tools that need to be replaced.
Josh Odegaard
Lake Preston, SD

For warranty information and replacements, send tools with a note to Woods Industries, Attn. Thorson Tool Div., 510 3rd Ave. S.W., Carmel, IN 46032-2063, 317/844-7261.

Running gear parts

I am looking for parts for an Electric Wheel Company 550 running gear. The company was based in Quincy, IL.
Loren Churchill
via e-mail

Try Balsters Implement and Parts, 118 E. 3rd St., Scotch Grove, IA 52310, 319/465-4141.

Tester trouble

I have a PreAgro 45 tester. Is there a place to get it fixed?
Cindy Berns
Postville, IA

You can contact the parts department at Pre-Agro Inc., 3131 Western Ave., Suite 329, Seattle, WA 98121, 206/282-2013.

Spreader parts

I have a pull-type lime spreader, manufactured by United Farm Tools Inc., Bethany, MO. I need some parts and cannot locate the company.
Ronald Kennedy Sr.
Winamac, IN

You will find parts at W. A. Mfg., 1810 S. Ohio St., Pine Bluff, AR 71601, 870/534-7420.

Seeking saws

We are hunting for parts for a Dura Craft band saw. We have been told the company is out of business. We would like any information you can give us.
Paul Rebling
Mount Pleasant, IA

We were unable to find any information about this company or its products. You might try a machine shop to make replacement parts.

Bainbridge saws

I have a model 712 Bainbridge metal cutoff saw that needs a replacement gear. The warranty card directs me to Gator Manufacturing, Battle Creek, MI. Calls to the company put me through to an insurance agency. Could you help with an outlet for parts?
Brad Hays
Ada, OH

You're not the only one looking in vain for parts to a Bainbridge saw. No Bainbridge saws have been manufactured for 10 years. American Gator bought Bainbridge five years ago and reports that it has never had saws or saw parts available.

Fuel pump parts

I just broke part of my Mico fuel transfer pump. Do you have a phone number to contact them?
Dave Carter
via e-mail

Contact Mico Impeller Pump, Box 1910, Casper, WY 82602, 877/237-9392.

Flail/shredder parts

I am dealing on a Alloway-Westgo flail/shedder but need to know parts availability before closing the deal. Can you tell me if there is a supplier?
Wayne Arnold
Brady, MT

You will find parts at Woods-Alloway, Box 2825, Fargo, ND 58108, 701/282-7014.

How to reach us

Write to us at; Farm Industry News, 7900 International Dr., Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55425; or (click on e-mail). We assume all letters to be for publication. Letters may be edited for length and clarity.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.