is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist

Your input

Battery charger; bale chopper

I have a Century battery charger that needs a new switch. I had a flyer with it, but it doesn't give any address or phone number. This company also makes electric welders.

I also have a small bale chopper Tomahawk 100 made by Parmiter North America. Could you tell me where I can find parts?
Armin Robert
Red Bud, IL

Century Manufacturing Company was bought in October 2001 by a company called Clore Automotive. You can contact Clore Automotive at 9231 Penn Ave. S., Bloomington, MN 55431, 800/328-2921,

Parmiter is headquartered in the United Kingdom. Its distributor for North America is Lyman Company, 1333 136th St. SE, Mill Creek, WA 98012, 425/745-3783.

Table saw

I am looking for repair parts for an Ohio Forge table saw. It was manufactured in 1985. Help would be appreciated.
Gary Dillon
via e-mail

Apparently Ohio Forge went out of business in 1990. Test-Rite Products has a few of the saw parts left. Contact Test-Rite Products' Customer Service Department at 800/551-0229.

Combine reel

I recently purchased a JD 216 platform, and the reel has had the wood batts and metal teeth replaced with plastic fingers. The fingers have the name Gentle Fingers stamped on the side. Could you tell me where to find replacements? All of my local suppliers have not been able to help.
Ron Roberts
Dunlap, IA

Contact Combine World, Box 357, Allan, Saskatchewan S0K 0C0, Canada, 800/667-4515,

Eversman scraper

I have a dirt mover scraper made by Eversman Manufacturing of Denver, CO. It is a model 650. I need a place to buy a new cutting edge.
Cyril Miller
Le Center, MN

Contact Arts-Way Mfg., Hwy. 9, Armstrong, IA 50514, 712/864-3131.

Vicon mower

I own a Vicon 216 disc mower. I've been told the company is out of business. Where can I find parts for this machine?
Dennis Novacek
East Grand Forks, MN

You may find some Vicon parts at Tarver Sales Corp., 84636 Hwy. 25, Folsom, LA 70437, 985/796-5632.

Hopper paddles

I'm trying to locate Kewanee elevator hopper paddles and was told that the company has been sold and parts are not being made anymore.
Mitch Grahlman
Sumner, IA

Bush Hog bought the company and still has parts. Go to your Bush Hog dealer or contact the company at 7303 Vine St. Ct., Davenport, IA 52806, 800/304-6234.

How to reach us

Write to us at; Farm Industry News, 7900 International Dr., Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55425; or (click on e-mail). We assume all letters to be for publication. Letters may be edited for length and clarity.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.