Farm Progress is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Serving: United States

Your input

Grain movers and shakers

I have a 4-in. Speed King auger with an electric motor mount. Can you tell me where I can get parts for this auger?

Matt Kautz
Merino, CO

Contact My-D-Han-D Mfg. Co., Rt. 1, Box 395, Dodge City, KS 67801, 316/225-0263.

I have a Dakon gravity box that needs a sprocket to open the door. I can't find a dealer and need your help.

Ron Sass
Luana, IA

Contact Balster Implement, 118 3rd St., Scotch Grove, IA 52331, 319/465-4141. It has some parts.


The Mud Hog axle (December 2000 issue, page 18) is not offered for factory installation from John Deere. It is only available on John Deere combines as a dealer-installed option.

Motors do not list for $9,000 to $13,000; complete axle assemblies list in that range, which covers all of the axles we provide for all makes of combines, not only for Deere combines.

We do provide axles for factory installation on combines produced by Case IH, New Holland's TR99 and TX combines, Gleaner and Massey-Ferguson, as well as the Lexion combines from Claas. We also provide factory-installed Mud Hog rear wheel drive axles on Case IH and Deere cotton pickers but not John Deere combines.

Darren Foster
Tuthill Transport Technologies

Arts-Way has it

I have been trying to reach United Farm Tools (UFT) in Glasgow, KY. I obtained this phone number, 502/651-7121, from the I & T Product File on your Web site. It appears the area code changed to 270. I tried that area code and still can't reach them. Can you help me find parts for a stalk chopper that UFT marketed? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike Dieck
via e-mail

UFT was purchased by Arts Way Mfg., which you can contact at Box 288, Hwy. 9W, Armstrong, IA 50514, 712/864-3131. We have updated our Web site to reflect this change.

I am looking for parts for my Sunmaster belly mower. Do you know whom I can contact?

Paul Gutschmidt
Devils Lake, ND

Contact Arts Way Mfg. at the address and phone number given above.

Saw parts

I need a drive belt for my table saw. It is a Rockwell Atlas made by the Rockwell Manufacturing Company in Pittsburg, PA. I don't get an answer when I call or write.

J. Francis Minek
Cecil, OH

For parts, contact Industrial Parts Co., 163 Belmont Ave., Garfield, NJ 07026, 973/340-0550; or Country Power Tool Service, 237 Commack Rd., Commack, NY 11725, 631/499-5666.

I have a McCulloch chain saw that broke. I was told the company is now out of business. Are there any replacement parts left?

Carl Lesmeister
Fairfield, MT

The company is still in business. Contact McColloch Corp., 6085 S. McCulloch Dr., Tucson, AZ 85706, 800/423-6302, for dealer information or parts.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.