The LSU AgCenter 2018 Wheat and Oat Field Day will be held April 18 at the LSU AgCenter Tom H. Scott Research, Extension and Education Center, 212A Macon Ridge Rd, Winnsboro, La.
Registration with coffee and doughnuts is at 8:30 a.m. Welcome and indoor presentations begin at 9 a.m. and will be followed by a field tour.
Indoor presentations include:
- Weed Control in Wheat and Cover Crop Research, Dr. Josh Copes, LSU AgCenter Northeast Region.
- Insect Management in Wheat. Dr. Sebe Brown, LSU AgCenter Northeast Region.
Topics to be discussed by LSU AgCenter Research and Extension faculty during the field tour include:
- Fusarium Head Blight Variety and Fungicide Screening, Dr. Trey Price, LSU AgCenter Tom H. Scott Research, Extension and Education Center.
- Wheat Disease and Production Update, Dr. Boyd Padgett, LSU AgCenter Central Region.
- Wheat and Oat Variety Trials, Dr. Steve Harrison, LSU School of Plant, Environmental, and Soil Sciences.
- Management of Wheat OVTs, Dr. Rick Mascagni, LSU AgCenter Northeast Research Station.
A sponsored lunch will be provided.
The program meets the requirements for Phase II completion and Continuing Education credits within the Louisiana Master Farmer Program.
Contact Stephen Harrison at (22) 578-1308 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Donnie Miller at (318) 435-2157 or email@example.com for more information concerning the field day or if you need an ADA accommodation for your participation.