Ready to learn more about weed management? Check out these upcoming meetings where presenters and attendees include scientists, educators, students and others interested in sustainable weed management and the conservation of natural resources.
Canadian Weed Science Society, Nov. 18-21, Kelowna, British Columbia
This year’s annual meeting of the Canadian Weed Science Society will focus on “New Ways of Thinking About Weed Management.”
Among the topics on the agenda:
- The forgotten science of aquatic weed management,
- Keeping biocontrols in the weed management toolbox,
- The politics of pesticides and
- How to bridge the gap between modern agriculture and consumers.
- In addition, a special workshop will focus on glyphosate – from how the herbicide is used to its relationship with the environment and human health.
Early-bird registration ends Oct. 28. Oct. 30 is the last day to reserve hotel rooms at the conference rate. Additional information is available at www.weedscience.ca.
North Central Weed Science Society, Dec. 10-13, Columbus, Ohio
Planning is underway for the 74th annual meeting of the North Central Weed Science Society.
Five symposia are on the agenda, including:
- Using RStudio for visualization and analysis of weed science experiments,
- The what, how and why of dicamba tank clean-out,
- Improving the relevance of the NCWSS to industry,
- Cover crops: an ecological tool for weed management, and
- Invasive plants (a session organized by the Midwest Invasive Plant Network and the Invasive Plants Association of Wisconsin that will start at the end of the regularly scheduled conference).
Further meeting information and registration details will be posted at http://ncwss.org.
Northeastern Weed Science Society, Jan. 6-9, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The Northeastern Weed Science Society will hold its annual meeting in association with the Northeastern Plant, Pest and Soils Conference. The NEWSS and other NEPPSC sponsors expect about 115 papers. They plan a symposium on inclusion and diversity in weed science, as well as roundtable discussions on various crop segments and industry updates. Special programming for graduate students will include a luncheon and symposium on navigating grad school and weed science careers. Additional information will be posted at www.newss.org
Southern Weed Science Society, Jan. 27-30, Biloxi, Mississippi
This year’s annual meeting of the Southern Weed Science Society will feature a symposium on “Wildlife and Invasive Species Management and the Impact on the Environment and the Economy.” A preconference golf tournament will be held to benefit the organization’s endowment. Further details will be posted at http://swss.ws.
Weed Science Society of America and Western Society of Weed Science, March 2-5, Maui, Hawaii