Farm Progress is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Serving: United States

Talk: Looking for shanks; wrench; corn screens found

Corn screens found
In our March TALK column, a reader said he was looking for a corn screen for a grain cleaner. Since that column, several readers have called with suggestions. The best one we found is to contact Ag Dryer Services Inc., Box 450, Elm Creek, NE 68836, 800/657-2184. The company has a variety of screens available. Farmers looking for one are invited to call about the type of screen they need.

York ripper shanks
I have a York ripper and am looking for replacement shanks. The model name is Mulcher and I believe that it was originally manufactured in York, NE. Is there anywhere I can purchase the shanks? Thank you for your time and help.
David Pavelka
via e-mail

Contact Agri-Products, 2012 S. Grant Ave., York, NE 68467, 800/288-1117,

Replacement Challenger wrench
I am looking for a replacement for a broken Challenger wrench. I know the wrench is guaranteed, but I don’t remember where I bought it or know how to find a replacement. Can you help me?
Joe C.
Petersburg, NE

According to Stanley Proto Industrial Tools, the Challenger product line was discontinued 15 years ago. However, Stanley will help you get in touch with a local distributor to help you find a replacement product. You can call the Stanley customer service line at 800/800-8665 or visit the Web site at www.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.