is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist

Talk Department


We purchased our farm in 1972. It has a pole building that is in need of skylights. The sign on the door reads “the HB Brand, Harlan Builders.” I cannot locate this company and would like your help. Thank you.
Eugene Griffith
Marquette, NE

Contact Harlan Builders Supply Inc., 1410 Hwy. 44, Harlan, IA 51537, 712/755-3138.


I am looking for an on/off switch for a Forney Arc Welder, model 230, I purchased in 1969. I've searched the electrical supply dealers in my area and the Internet and have turned up nothing.
Stanley Vorthmann
Council Bluffs, IA

Contact Forney Industries Inc., Box 563, 1830 LaPorte Ave., Ft. Collins, CO 80521, 800/521-6038, Or try Ace Hardware at It carries the Forney product line.


I own a Cobey manure spreader that is in good condition but needs a few parts. It was manufactured in Galion, OH, and may be under a new name. I cannot seem to find a source for these parts. Could you help?
Dan Sowers
Bird City, KS

Contact Valu-Bilt, 1301 N. 14th St., Indianola, IA 50125, 888/828-3276, It has hard-to-find, outdated replacement parts, and Cobey is part of its product line.


We have two Big Husky cattle waterers that are orange in color and we need heating elements for them. Can you put me in contact with someone who carries parts for these old things? Thank you.
Dave Tidman
e-mail request

Try Leinen Inc., Box 38105, Portsmouth, IA 51565, 712/743-2315. Or visit and click on “livestock equipment” for a full listing.


Where can I get a wrap spring for a DuraCraft drill press?
Name withheld by request

According to, “Duracraft and Duracraft Pro are manufactured exclusively for Blain Supply and Blain's Farm and Fleet and are only available at Blain's Farm & Fleet 33 retail store locations.” Contact Blain Supply Inc., Box 391, Janesville, WI 53547, 608/754-2821, or check the dealer locator section at

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.