is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist



I have a broken hub on my 8½-ton grain wagon. I bought the wagon new more than 20 years ago from a Case dealer in Olivia, MN. The wagon has the brand name “Columbia” on it. I've taken the wagon to several parts places to try to match the hub, but I can't find a match.
Francis Halder
Bird Island, MN

According to John Henigan, Case IH customer relations manager, producers who have questions about Case or IH equipment made before 1985 have several options. The first step is to contact Case IH by asking a question at, calling the general information number, 262/636-6011, or writing to Case IH, 700 State St., Racine, WI 53404.

There are also two collector's associations that help people find parts for Case and IH products made before 1985. Contact Ray Hoffman at the Case Collector's Association via e-mail at Dennis Miesner owns a bimonthly magazine, called Red Power, designed to cover information about all products related to International Harvester Company, IH and Farmall. Contact Miesner via e-mail at, write to Red Power, Box 245, Ida Grove, IA 51445, or call 712/364-2131.


Do you know anything about finding a power-takeoff-driven wire fence winder?
Dan Storm
Iroquois, IL

The Pro-Tatch wire winder from Pleasant Hill Grain winds smooth and barbed fence wire. Learn more online at To order, call 800/433-1091. Or contact Pleasant Hill Grain, 1604 N. Hwy. 14, Aurora, NE 68818. Our sister publication, Beef, publishes an annual Fencing Guide, highlighting a wide array of fencing products. View the 2006 Fencing Guide online at


I am looking for parts for a Knoedler roller mill or burr mill. The company was originally in Streator, IL. I have a phone number for a Knoedler Company in Battle Creek, MI, but it must be the wrong company because nobody there knows anything about roller mills.
David Hughes
Palestine, IL

Forget the Michigan number. Double R Manufacturing, Leonore, IL, still makes Knoedler Corn Belt burr mills in addition to Knoedler feed wagons. The company has parts manuals, operation manuals and many spare parts. Double R Manufacturing bought the Knoedler company and name in 1970. Contact Double R Mfg., Box 107, Leonore, IL 61332, 815/856-2271.


Please contact us if you have comments about our stories or a question about where to find parts. We would also like to hear from you if you have additional information or suggestions about where to locate hard-to-find parts.

MAIL Farm Industry News 7900 International Dr., Suite 300 Minneapolis, MN 55425


CALL 800/722-5334

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.