is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist



I am looking for parts for a Gould magnetic starter for an electric motor. Can you help?
Paul Miller
Wellman, IA

We were unable to locate Gould, and it appears that it has been merged with other companies several times. We located two companies that claim they carry Gould motor starters: Southland Electrical Supply and Basic Electric Sales. Contact Southland Electrical Supply, Box 1329, Burlington, NC 27216, 800/476-1486,, or Basic Electric Sales, 10032 Whitesel Rd., Ashland, VA 23005, 800/277-3532.


I am looking for a company or parts for a Melnor standard traveling lawn sprinkler. It has a 15-in. reel and follows a 50-ft. garden hose. Any help would be appreciated.
Rubin Jensen
Pilger, NE

Contact Melnor Inc., Parts & Service Dept., 3085 Shawnee Dr., Winchester, VA 22601, 540/722-9080,


I need a part for a Ridgid bolt cutter. Do you know where I could find a place to find that part?
Harold Dannehold
Waterloo, IL

Ridgid bolt cutters are sold by Ridge Tool, subsidiary of Emerson, Box 4100, 8000 W. Florissant Ave., St. Louis, MO 63136, 314/553-2000. You can locate a local distributor by contacting Ridgid at 888/743-4333 or


I am looking for parts for an Ottawa post hole digger. Can you help?
Wayne Kanic
Berthoud, CO

Ottowa has gone out of business, and we are unable to locate any further information at this time.


I own a BVI Tote-Saw manufactured by Burgess Vibrocrafters of Greyslake, IL. It is a small, portable electric band saw — cuts metal or wood. Any suggestion as to where I might obtain blades?
Herbert Wodtke
Loogootee, IL

Burgess Vibrocrafters made the Tote-Saw and many other products, but the company is now out of business and parts are no longer available.


I need some repairs for a small XL Homelite chain saw. Could you tell me where there is a dealer or where I can get repairs?
Lorene Schaaf
Lynch, NE

For parts contact Brauchi Bros — almost 50 years with Homelite, 700 N. 12th, Marysville, KS 66508, 785/562-3539. See the Chain Saw Collectors Corner Web site ( for the history of Homelite.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.