World Dairy Expo announced the official judges for the 2013 dairy cattle show. The individuals who will be responsible for evaluating over 2,300 head of the finest dairy cattle in North America during the five-day event will be:
- International Ayrshire Show – Paul Trapp, Taylor, Wis.
- International Brown Swiss Show – Richard Hill, Cattaraugus, N.Y.
- International Guernsey Show – Gary Estes, Rogersfield, Mo.
- International Holstein Show – Justin Burdette, Mercersburg, Pa.
- International Junior Holstein Show – Pat Conroy, Angola, Ind.
- International Jersey Show – Callum McKinven, Canton de Hatley, Canada
- International Milking Shorthorn Show – Lynn Harbaugh, Marion, Wis.
- International Red & White Show – Michael Heath, Westminster, Md.
The associate judges for each breed will be announced soon. A total of 16 dairy cattle judges are slated for the event.
Earlier this month, World Dairy Expo announced Bob Kaiser would be the interim general manager of World Dairy Expo. He will be overseeing the daily operations of World Dairy Expo and WDE Management which provides management services to the Dane County Fair, North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge, Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation and the Purebred Dairy Cattle Association. Kaiser is working at the Expo office located in Madison.
World Dairy Expo is recognized as the largest dairy-focused event in the world. Dairy producers from across the globe are invited to attend the event that includes the daily Dairy Cattle Show, Expo Seminars, Virtual Farm Tours, youth competition and over 850 exhibiting companies unveiling the latest in dairy innovations. The 2013 World Dairy Expo theme will be "Center of the Dairy Universe" and it will be held Oct. 1-5 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison. Visit www.worlddairyexpo.com or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/worlddairyexpo.
Source: World Dairy Expo