American Agriculturist's 21st annual Northeast Rural Living Photo Contest wants your best shot - your "Awesome Ag Scene". We'll leave it to your imagination as to what that best photo might be. But it's one that gives your heart a lift whenever you think of it.
It might be a scene that captures life on your farm, a family gathering, a prize-winning moment at the fair – whatever you see as an awesome scene. Pictures with people, farm animals or wildlife are always more interesting.
Winning photos are eligible for up to $600 in prize money, with first prize worth $250. Entries must be received by July 20.
Send only photo prints or high-resolution digital images (jpeg files) that are in razor-sharp focus. No camera-phone prints or digital 4x6 prints under 400 dpi will be accepted.
Contest entry rules
- You must be a subscriber or family member of an American Agriculturist subscriber.
- Photos must have been taken by the entrant within the last 18 months.
- Submit only photos of Northeast rural subject matter.
- Submit images on CD, slides or as 4-by-6-inch prints on photo paper. If submitting prints, save your negatives! Or send high-resolution (400dpi or higher at 5x7 size) digital image attachments via e-mail.
- Include the photographer's name, address, phone number and e-mail address. And be sure to describe why the photo is awesome to you.
- Send no more than five photo entries per person.
Snail-mail your entries to: Northeast Rural Living Photo Contest, American Agriculturist, 5227B Baltimore Pike, Littlestown, PA 17340.
Or e-mail entries plus the above information to [email protected].