Officials of the Wisconsin State Fair and the Wisconsin Bakers Association said in response to increasing demand for Cream Puffs, the Wisconsin Bakers Association will have more Cream Puffs in more places, adding two NEW Original Cream Puff satellite locations. The satellite locations will be located near the U.S. Cellular Main Gate and near Gate 2 at the south end of the Fair Park near the Wisconsin Exposition Center. Fairgoers will be able to purchase 6-Packs "to go" to enjoy while at the Park or as they head out the gates on their way home. The satellite locations will operate daily from dusk until Fair closure. Cream Puff lovers also have until July 31 to purchase the Sweetest Deal, an $18 gift certificate valid for a 6-Pack. The certificate can be used in the NEW Express Lane at the Original Cream Puff Pavilion or at either of the two satellite locations. The Sweetest Deal may be purchased at the Fair Box Office or online at WiStateFair.com
Chairman of the Board Susan Crane announced that the Wisconsin Bakers Association will elevate their involvement in the 2009 and 2010 Fairs by becoming the title sponsor of the former Master Spas Pavilion on Central Mall. "It makes perfect sense! After all, the pavilion has been the home of the Cream Puff for 85 years. It will be the Original Cream Puff Pavilion," Chair Crane stated with enthusiasm. The Cream Puff originated at the Wisconsin State Fair in 1924 in the Dairy Bakery. The building, known today as the Original Cream Puff Pavilion, was created to bring together Wisconsin Agriculture industries and baking to show how the public served the rest of the country.
"For 85 years, the Wisconsin Bakers Association has made a commitment to this wonderful event [the Wisconsin State Fair] and through this sponsorship will continue to be a dedicated, strong partner to agriculture, our association members, our loyal fans and Wisconsin State Fair!" said David "Puff Daddy" Schmidt, WBA's Executive Director and Certified Master Baker. The WBA's support of Wisconsin agriculture is truly impressive! For Cream Puff production during the 2008 Wisconsin State Fair alone, bakers used:
- An average of 1,500 Gallons of fresh Golden Guernsey Whipping Cream DAILY equaling
- Wisconsin produced fresh Liquid Eggs in 30lb case packs totaling the equivalent of nearly a Quarter Million Large Grade A Individual Eggs!
- Approximately 600 Gallons of Whole Milk for the pastry
- Flour produced in the Midwest and milled on the Western Shore Line of Wisconsin in Winona – 15,000lbs for the Cream Puff pastry and 1,000lbs for Colossal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 400lbs of Wisconsin Produced Grade A Butter was purchased for the 2008 Fair
- Signature 6-pack box designed and produced strictly at a Southeastern Wisconsin Company, Great Lakes Packaging in Germantown