The Indiana Beef Cattle Association, in cooperation with Purdue University and Purdue Extension, has set its schedule for the 10 area beef meetings around the state.
These meetings are open to all beef producers and will take place beginning in December 2014 through mid-January 2015. The meetings will feature great food, fellowship and valuable information on beef issues. IBCA will provide an update on legislation and policy while Purdue's Department of Animal Science will share an educational presentation related to beef production.
"We are excited about the area meeting and hearing from our members about the current status and future opportunities of the beef industry," said Joe Moore, IBCA's Executive Vice President. "Each year we look forward to our travels around the state to receive firsthand the impressions of our producers."
Meeting Time and Locations:
Area 1: Bartholomew, Brown, Dearborn, Decatur, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley and Switzerland
• December 18, 2014; Southeast Purdue Ag Center 6:30 p.m.
• RSVP to Josey Huffmeyer by 12/9/14 at 812-352-3033.
Area 2: Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Jackson, Lawrence, Orange, Scott and Washington
• January 8, 2015; Little York Stock Yard
• RSVP to Danielle Walker by 12/30/14 at 812-883-4601
Area 3: Daviess , Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Martin, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh and Warrick
• January 12, 2015; R's Cafe, Ft. Branch; 6:30 p.m./5:30 CST
• RSVP to Gibson Co Extension by 1/3/15: 812-385-3491
• IBCA Area Director elections at this meeting; Current director is Andy Lowry
Area 5: Clay, Greene, Monroe, Owen, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion and Vigo
• January 12, 2015; Exhibit Hall, Clay Fairgrounds; 6:30 p.m.
• RSVP to Jenna Smith by 1/2/15: 812-448-9041
Area 6: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan and Shelby
• December 10, 2014; Scott Hall, Johnson Co. Fairgrounds; 6:30 p.m.
• RSVP to Johnson Co. Extension at 317-736-3724 by 12/3/14
Area 7: Blackford, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Henry, Jay, Madison, Randolph, Rush, Union and Wayne
• December 17, 2014; Willie & Red's, Hagerstown; 6:30 p.m.
• RSVP to Jill Dorff by 12/10/14: 765-641-9514
Area 8: Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fulton, Grant, Howard, Miami, Tipton and Wabash
• January 7, 2015; Cass County Fairgrounds; 6:30 p.m.
• RSVP to Cass County Extension Office at 574-753-7750 by 12/31/14
Area 9: Benton, Fountain, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Warren and White
• December 15, 2014; McGraw's Steakhouse, West Lafayette 6:30 p.m.
• RSVP to Courtney Stierwalt at 765-793-2297 by 12/8/14
• IBCA Area Director elections at this meeting; Current Director: Joe Horstman
Area 10: Elkhart, Kosciusko, Lake, LaPorte, Marshall, Porter, St. Joseph and Starke
• December 11, 2014; Christo's Banquet Center, Plymouth; 7:00 p.m./6 CST
• RSVP to Kelly Heckaman by 12/7/13: 574-372-2340 by 12/7/14
• IBCA Area Director elections at this meeting; Current IBCA Director: Dr. Bruce Lamb
Area 11: Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley
• January 7, 2015; Eagles Nest, Columbia City 6:30 p.m.
• RSVP to Ed Ferris by 12/30/14: 260-358-4826.
For more information, visit the Indiana Beef Cattle Association website.