You won't want to miss the Beef Area hosted by N.Y. Beef Producers Association in Farm Show's Dairy/Toyota Building. Daily presentations covering "Everything Beef" start at 10 a.m. And if you're there by 11 a.m., you'd better get in line for the almost legendary hot beef sundaes, provided by N.Y Beef Industry Council.
Related: Lock in your 2016 Farm Show lodging
Here's the show-and-tell menu
* 10 a.m.: Proper care and preparation of cattle before show season, by Robert Groom and Jeanne White
* 11 a.m.: Start them right – Healthy cows raise healthy calves, by Mark McCullouch, Merck Animal Health
* 12 p.m.: Diagnosing calf scours and treatment choices, by Dr. Trent Lartz, DVM, Multimin, USA
* 1 p.m.: Cow-side diagnostics: What's available for quick answers, by Dr. Lartz
* 2 p.m.: Cattle grading: Grouping pooled cattle, by Heather Birdsall, Cornell Cooperative Extension
* 3 p.m.: How ultra-sounding improves EPD's and your herd, by Andy Weaber, NYBPA president
On Saturday, Feb. 27, three special presentations will be made by New York Junior Beef Producers Association members:
* 10 a.m.: How to prepare for junior team fitting competition, by Shelby Kelekenberg
* 10:30 a.m.: How to prepare for junior team marketing competition
* 12:30 p.m.: The National Livestock Challenge experience in Louisville, Ky., by Melissa Keller
As you attend the presentations enjoy a mouth, watering Hot Beef Sundae served up daily by the New York Beef Council, starting at 11:00 AM.
And there's more!
"Face of our Farmers" is a new opportunity to talk with and get to know beef producers better and ask beef-related questions.
Pick up a scavenger hunt paper at the Beef Gazebo. Then read our "Face of our Farmers" posters to get your answers and win a prize.
Sign up for the 30-day Protein Challenge, a step-by-step plan to help you get optimal protein amounts of protein throughout your day and support a healthy metabolism. You'll receive daily emails with goals, tips and inspiration to keep you on track.
Beef breed information and beef recipe copies also will be available for you to take home.