More than $6,000 in prizes are offered in this year's Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center annual fund-raising raffle. Proceeds help fund the center's efforts to educate the public about Wisconsin's No. 1 fruit crop.
The top prize is a $1,500 gift certificate from Roberts Irrigation, Plover, courtesy of Paul Roberts and Bill Wolfe, Wisconsin River Cranberry, Nekoosa.
Other prizes and donors include:
* A $1,000 cash prize from Cliffstar Corp., Dunkirk, New York.
* Weekend stay at Three Bears Lodge Resort, Warrens. Includes $100 in Bear Bucks for a total value of $824.50.
* 25 hours use of a small backhoe with ditch cleaning bucket from St. Joseph's Equipment, La Crosse, valued at $750.
* A $500 gift certificate from Great Rivers Irrigation, Warrens.
* Weekend package at Northernaire Resort & Spa, Three Lakes, courtesy Servco FS Cooperative, Antigo, valued at $500.
* A $500 cash prize from Farmers & Merchants Bank of Tomah and Warrens.
* A $500 shopping spree from the Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center, Warrens.
* A case of cranberry wine from VanWychen Wines, Warrens, valued at $120.
* A $100 gift basket from Urban Processing, Wisconsin Rapids.
Cranberry Country Embroidery & Imprints, Warrens, donated the printing of the raffle tickets.
Tickets are $100 each and only 150 tickets will be sold. Along with a chance to win one of the 10 prizes, a free ticket for the Gilbert Brown Tailgate Party on Aug. 13 at Three Bears Resort, Warrens, is included with the purchase of each raffle ticket.
Raffle tickets are available at the Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center in Warrens. For more information, call (608) 378-4878.