is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist
Cattlemen's Ball Awards Nearly $150K To West Point Area

Cattlemen's Ball Awards Nearly $150K To West Point Area

Thirty-six organizations will benefit from the 2011ball held at Harry Knobbe feedlot. Nearly $1.5 million were raised, with 90% going to fund cancer research projects and 10% staying in local community.

Total of 36 local health and wellness organizations will benefit from proceeds raised at record-breaking event this year. Compiled by staff

The 2011 Nebraska Cattlemen's Ball will divide nearly $150,000 in proceeds among 36 organizations in the West Point area, ranging from local fire departments to nursing homes.

With a net of $1.49 million, the 2011 Nebraska Cattlemen's Ball, hosted by Harry and Doris Knobbe of West Point, shattered the event's previous record for most money raised by $487,000. The previous high of just more than $1 million was raised by the 2010 event in Kearney. Co-chairs for this year's ball in West Point were Gary and Connie Kaup and Allen and Cheryl Meister.

Since its inception in 1998, the Cattlemen's Ball has raised more than $6.29 million. All of the proceeds remain in Nebraska, with 90% going for cancer research at the Eppley Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center and the remaining 10% being distributed to local health and wellness programs and other entities.

The Cattlemen's Ball is hosted by a different Nebraska ranch or feedlot every year. The overall mission of the Cattlemen's Ball is to raise money for cancer research at the UNMC Eppley Cancer Center, while showcasing rural Nebraska and promoting beef as part of a healthy diet.

The 2012 Cattlemen's Ball will be held June 1-2 at the Allen and Shelly Clark property near McCool Junction, which is located about 10 miles south of York. Event details and tickets will soon be available online at

The UNMC Eppley Cancer Center is a National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center, a distinction held by only 65 centers in the country and the only NCI-designated center in Nebraska. The UNMC Eppley Cancer Center is also one of the founding members of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the world's leading cancer centers. This recognition means the most current and innovative treatment options are available to cancer center patients through the integration of cutting-edge research into state-of-the-art care.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.