Grain farmers can get the latest information on hybrid and variety performance, hear an analysis of last year's growing season and get updated recommendations for field crop production at Crop Production and Management Meetings to be held in January at eight locations in Wisconsin.
The meetings are sponsored by the University of Wisconsin Department of Agronomy and UW-Extension and will feature presentations by Joe Lauer, UW-Madison/Extension corn specialist; John Gaska, UW-Extension soybean and small grains specialist; and Dan Undersander, UW-Madison/Extension forage agronomist.
Each meeting will cover the topics ranging from silage hybrid performance to Roundup Ready alfalfa uses and potential. Meetings are scheduled for the following locations:
* Jan. 4: UW-Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac - 8 a.m.
* Jan. 4: Liberty Hall, Kimberly – 1 p.m.
* Jan. 5: Milwaukee Grill, Janesville - 1 p.m.
* Jan. 8: Park Inn Convention Center, Platteville - 1 p.m.
* Jan. 9: Best Western/Midway Motor Lodge, Wausau - 1 p.m.
* Jan. 10: Holiday Inn, Eau Claire - 8 a.m.
* Jan. 10: American Legion, Sparta - 1 p.m.
* Jan. 11: Rex's Innkeeper, Waunakee - Noon
The registration fee is $12 per person; meal cost is extra. Please pre-register with the local county UW-Extension agriculture agent for the meeting you plan to attend. Certified Crop Advisor Continuing Education credits have been requested.