Purdue Extension will offer a Farm Law and Taxes workshop at five Indiana locations in December to help individuals, farmers, landowners and family business operators understand legal and tax issues, and estate and business transfers, the University announced this week.
Gerry Harrison, Purdue Extension farm management and agricultural law specialist, will discuss a series of topics, including the drainage law, right-to-farm law, real estate transfer taxes, land trusts and conservation easements.
All workshop sessions will run from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern time. Dates, locations, registration deadlines and contact information are as follows:
* Dec. 9. Jackson County Community Foundation Building, 107 Community Drive, Seymour. Register by Dec. 6 to the Purdue Extension Jackson County office at 812-358-6101.
* Dec. 10. Johnson County Fairgrounds, 484 North Morton St., Franklin. Register by Dec. 9 to the Purdue Extension Johnson County office at 317-736-3724.
* Dec. 11. Purdue Extension Allen County office, 401 Crescent Ave., Fort Wayne. Register to the office by Dec. 9 at 260-481-6826.
* Dec. 12. Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds, 17746 County Road 34, Goshen. Register by Dec. 6 to the Purdue Extension Elkhart County office at 574-533-0554.
* Dec. 13. Grant County 4-H Fairgrounds, 1403 E. state Route 18, Marion. Register by Dec. 6 to the Purdue Extension Grant County office at 765-651-2413.
Registration is $30 per person and $20 for a registered individual's spouse. It includes a continental breakfast, lunch, snacks and workshop materials.
Continuing education credits are available for Indiana accountants and lawyers. The workshop is $75 for those who want to earn continuing professional education and an additional $20 for an individual's second certification.
Checks should be made payable to the Purdue CES Ed Fund. For more information, contact Harrison at email@example.com or call the toll-free number, 888-398-4636 Ext. 44216.
More information about each session and registration forms are available here.