Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. Raisin farmers win their case. The Supreme Court this week ruled in favor of California farmers who challenged the government's taking of the farm's raisins for supply and demand purposes. The Hill
2. Another pesticide classification. First glyphosate, now 2,4-D – the International Agency for Research on Cancer returns its findings. Farm Futures
3. Food contraband. Indiana students have been caught selling salt and pepper at lunchtime as school lunch rules tighten. Indianapolis Star
4. Syngenta comments on Monsanto deal. One of our most popular stories this week, Syngenta's Board Chairman explains the Monsanto proposal. ICYMI, Monsanto's COO shared his side with Farm Futures last week. Farm Futures
5. Whole prices, and then some. Whole Foods has been accused of overcharging in New York City stores. New York Times
6. Bundy Ranch update. Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy will be held accountable for the federal land grazing fees and penalties he owes, according to Interior Secretary Sally Jewell. The Hill
7. Ask me anything. Californian-turned-North Dakota farmer Jenny Rohrich answered a range of questions about her family's third generation farm in a Reddit Ask Me Anything this week. Check out the Q&A.
And your bonus:
Pig tribute. (More pig news!) Police have removed three little houses placed near the site of where a semi-trailer hauling piglets crashed last week. Guess what the houses are made of? Dayton Daily News
Rain, go away! (from Judi Graff @farmNwife) Plus a little throwback that's pretty relatable right now.
See a new installment of '7 ag stories you might have missed' every Friday at 2 p.m. on Farm Futures and Farm Progress sites. And as always, keep up throughout the week with daily ag news and grain market updates by visiting us on Twitter or Facebook.
Browse the '7 ag stories' archives
6/19: Speed milking, robotic grocery store and aggie ballet
6/12: COOL, anti-GMO Oregon county; and 'Giggles' for mayor
6/5: Canada retaliation, more merger rumors, a smiling swine
5/29: Waters of the U.S., RFS, pesticides and bees and Swiss cheese mystery