Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. More 'waters' outreach. EPA plans to visit farmers next week to discuss the proposed waters of the U.S. rule. The Hill
2. Inside Monsanto. It's an ag company. No wait, it's a tech company. Bloomberg
3. GMO labeling in Oregon. Proponents are prepared with petition signatures a proposed ballot measure. Reuters
4. Food safety on the 4th. If you were a food safety expert, what three things wouldn't you eat? USA Today
5. In other Independence Day news…Check out these 20 Fourth of July facts about ag. RFD TV
6. Tyson, Hillshire strike a deal. After a short volley between Pinnacle, Hillshire and Tyson, an agreement has been reached Beef Producer
7. Transportation trouble. Lock and dam closures along the Mississippi halt grain transport. Feedstuffs
And your bonus:
Insects on the menu. Could eating insects really help end world hunger? National Geographic
Urban legends, be gone. Let the "Queen of Wein" show you how hot dogs are made.