Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. Major meeting. Foiled Monsanto and Syngenta merger talks kick up rumor mill. Bloomberg
(Want even more Syngenta-Monsanto news? Catch up with these stories: http://bit.ly/1mqcNYK)
2. Food jargon jungle. Nothing makes Americans buy a food product quite like the fabulously ambiguous word "natural." Washington Post
3. 'Secret science' A House committee wants EPA to release the data on which it bases its regulations. Farm Futures
4. Retailers to label neonic-treated plants. Honeybee health concerns spur latest labeling/removal plan. Reuters/Scientific American
5. Data discussion. It continues in ag as contracts are revised and farmers take note. Reuters
6. Are drones legal in your state? Check this map to find out. WSJ MarketWatch.
7. More authority. Two Representatives are pushing for stricter meat recall authority for USDA. Farm Progress
And your bonus:
Noisy neighbors. Rurally located, rustic weddings a money-maker, but also a nuisance for some. PostCrescent (Wisconsin)
Instead of a video this week, we have some sage advice from Twitter via @Olson_Ag (Alberta, Canada).