Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. Silicon Valley bets on the farm. Ag loves technology and technology loves ag, if Silicon Valley's interest is any indication. Inc.
3. Save the artisanal cheese! FDA tries to calm cheese industry after wood comment. Washington Post
4. House OKs 179. The House has approved some tax extenders, including Section 179. Feedstuffs
5. We knew it would come. Groups file legal suit to overturn Vermont GMO labeling law. Farm Progress
6. Nutrition hearings commence. Sen. Debbie Stabenow kicked off a series of hearings on child nutrition this week, first sharing her view in an op-ed. The Hill
7. Time is on farmers' side. EPA extends comment period on Waters of the U.S. rule. Farm Futures
And your bonus:
National Jerky Day? It seems like there's a "day" for everything now. If Jack Link's has anything to say about it, jerky is no exception. USA Today
Appropriate for 'baby season.' Many farms are calving, foaling, kidding, etc., so how about a lighthearted video of baby goats for a few laughs?