Winfield Solutions, LLC is keeping the tradition of the Careers in Agriculture Scholarship Program, by announcing scholarships worth $1,000 will be awarded to 10 high school seniors and 10 first or second-year college students who demonstrate scholastic achievement, leadership in agriculture and a perceived ability to contribute to agriculture in the future.
The Careers in Agriculture Scholarship Program is available to high school graduating seniors and first or second year college students pursuing two- or four-year degrees in agronomy, crop production, or closely related fields.
To qualify for the program, a student must:
- Be a high school senior, graduating in spring of 2011; or
- Be a college freshman or sophomore;
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and academic performance;
- Complete an application including two character references; and
- Write essays describing the importance of farmer cooperatives, and why he or she is interested in an agricultural career.
Since its formation 21 years ago, the Careers in Agriculture Scholarship Program has awarded more than $500,000 to young adults who share the same commitment to agronomy, excellence and the cooperative system.
Applications are available on the Internet at WinfieldSolutionsLLC.com. All applications must be postmarked by Feb. 1. Winners will be notified by mail in April.