This year’s Virginia Soybean Field Day will be held at the Eastern Virginia Agricultural Research and Extension Center in Warsaw on Thursday Sept. 23.
The field day will begin with registration 8:00 am. Due to the location of the field plots, the event will begin just a mile down the road from the center at 3133 Menokin Road, Warsaw, VA. The field tours will begin at 8:30. After the field tours, there will be a short indoor program followed by a BBQ and Seafood Lunch.
The field day will feature the latest from the Virginia Tech soybean breeding team, the Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture, as well as production and management strategies.
The following topics will be included in the field tour:
- Selecting Soybean Varieties for Your Farm: David Holshouser
- Soybean Disease Management: David Langston
- Update on Corn Earworm Resistance to Insecticides in Virginia: Kemper Sutton, Tom Kuhar, Sally Taylor
- Edamame, Specialty Soybean for Virginia: Bo Zhang, Susan Duncan, Tom Kuhar, Steve Rideout, Mark Reiter, Song Li, Haibo Huang, Yun Yin
- Developing Soybean Varieties to Increase Profitability: Bo Zhang, William Singer, Zachary Shea, Zhibo Wang
- Improving Breeding Selection Efficiency through Remote Sensing: Joseph Oakes, Song Li, Maria Balota, Bo Zhang
For more info and to register, contact Joseph Oakes: [email protected] or visit the Eastern VA AREC website: https://www.arec.vaes.vt.edu/arec/eastern-virginia.html.