is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist
Corn+Soybean Digest
June 9 Crop Progress: Corn crop emerged, condition holds strong; soybean crop emerging quickly, in good condition

June 9 Crop Progress: Corn crop emerged, condition holds strong; soybean crop emerging quickly, in good condition

The majority of the overall corn crop has emerged, and is slightly ahead of average pace. Corn in good condition dropped slightly, but gained in excellent condition. Soybean planting and emergence are ahead of average pace, and beans are in mostly good and excellent condition.


Ninety-two percent of the overall corn crop has emerged, two points ahead of the five-year average. North Carolina and Texas are the only states where corn emergence is complete. States with less than 80% of the corn emerged include North Dakota (74%), Pennsylvania (71%) and Wisconsin (75%).

corn condition, usda, June 9, 2014Corn crop condition dropped just slightly in the good rating category from 63% last week to 60% this week. However, corn in excellent condition gained 2 points to reach 15% this week. Overall, 75% of the corn crop is in good/excellent condition; much better than the 63% last year at this time.



Soybean planting continues to make good progress, now at 87% complete; 6 points ahead of the five-year average. States nearly done planting soybeans include Iowa (98%), Louisiana (95%) and Nebraska (99%). A few states have between 60 and 70% of the soybean crop in the ground: Kentucky (61%), North Carolina (66%) and Tennessee (63%).

Soybean emergence is ahead of average, as well. Seventy-one percent of the overall crop is emerged, compared to a 62% five-year average. Most states have seen close to 75% of their soybean crops pop out of the ground. A few states have seen less than half of the planted soybeans emerge yet: Kentucky (43%), North Dakota (40%) and Tennessee (43%).

soybean condition, usda, June 9, 2014In the first week of crop condition ratings for soybeans, 74% of the overall crop is in good/excellent condition. Only 4% of the crop is in very poor/poor condition. Several states have no soybeans in very poor condition, including: Arkansas, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

TAGS: Corn
Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.