The Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board and the Arkansas Soybean Association have announced the winners of the 2015 Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Contest. The contest divided state soybean producers into eight groups, seven geographic regions and one all state conventional (non-GMO) category.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three in each division achieving a minimum of 60 Bu/A at the annual meeting of the Arkansas Soybean Association on January 26, 2016. The meeting will be held at the Grand Prairie Center in Stuttgart, Ark.
We want to commend all 98 soybean producers who entered the 2015 Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Contest and we are proud to announce that three of these producers reached and exceeded the 100 bushel/acre milestone in 2015. The Race for 100 yield contest began in 2007 and in 2013, three producers reached the goal.
In 2015, Perry Galloway from Woodruff County achieved a yield of 108.759 bushels per acre with Pioneer 46T21 RR. Matt Miles again (for the third year in a row) harvested over 100 with 108.717 bushels per acre after planting Pioneer 47T36 RR on a field in Desha County. Charles Galloway, also from Woodruff County, harvested 100.935 bushels per acre with Asgrow 4232 RR. The Galloway Brothers are the newest members of the Arkansas 100 Bushel Club.
Congratulations to the following winners of the 2015 Grow for the Green Soybean Yield Contest. We appreciate the participation of all the producers entered in the contest and the sharing of their production methods and secrets with the rest of the Arkansas soybean industry.
- Mike Hook, Craighead County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 95.318 bushels per acre.
- Casey Hook, Craighead County, Pioneer 46T21 RR, 94.036 bushels per acre.
- Kenny/Garrett Qualls, Craighead County, Pioneer 46T21 RR, 86.021 bushels per acre.
- Karl Garner, Cross County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 90.126 bushels per acre.
White River Basin:
- Perry Galloway, Woodruff County, Pioneer 46T21 RR, 108.759 bushels per acre.
- Charles Galloway, Woodruff County, Asgrow 4232 RR, 100.935 bushels per acre.
- Kyle Fuller, Monroe County, Pioneer 47T36 RR, 93.508 bushels per acre.
- Brandon Rogers, Arkansas County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 96.844 bushels per acre.
- Lynn Marshall, Lonoke County, CZ HBK 4953 LL, 95.045 bushels per acre.
- Reagan Counce, Arkansas County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 93.095 bushels per acre.
East Central Delta:
- Gere/Bill Carnathan, Phillips County, Asgrow 4934RR, 96.029 bushels per acre.
- Michael Taylor, Jr., Phillips County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 89.687 bushels per acre.
- Matt Miles, Desha County, Pioneer 47T36 RR, 108.717 bushels per acre.
- Sherrie Miles, Ashley County, Pioneer 48T53RR, 97.689 bushels per acre.
- David Bennett, Chicot County, Asgrow 4632 RR, 95.25 bushels per acre.
- Eddie Tackett, Pope County, Pioneer 47T36 RR, 79.087 bushels per acre.
- Cameron Southard, Pope County, Pioneer 47T36 RR, 75.393 bushels per acre.
- Lucas Moore, Conway County, Pioneer 94Y70 RR, 72.026 bushels per acre.
- Nelson Crow, Drew County, UA5612, 82.359 bushels per acre.
- Mark Nix, Cross County, Emerge, 81.424 bushels per acre.
- Jason Smith, Desha County, GoSoy 483, 75.607 bushels per acre.
The Grow for the Green Yield Soybean Yield Challenge is funded by the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board using producer checkoff funds. The contests are administered by the Arkansas Soybean Association in cooperation with the University Of Arkansas Division Of Agriculture. Many thanks to the county Extension staff and independent consultants who help producers achieve these yields and serve as harvest judges.
Complete contest harvest information is available on the websites of the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board and the Arkansas Soybean Association. This file contains production information on contests since 1999.
For additional information on the soybean yield contests in Arkansas, please contact the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board or Arkansas Soybean Association at (501) 666-1418 or firstname.lastname@example.org.