This year’s Virginia Soybean Field Day will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 24 at Virginia Tech’s Eastern Virginia Agricultural Research and Extension Center in Warsaw, VA.
It will highlight the soybean research that is being conducted at Virginia Tech. The following topics will be included in the field tour:
- The best maturity group for your farm: Dr. David Holshouser, VT Extension Soybean Agronomist
- Roundup-Ready, conventional, and food grade soybean breeding: Dr. Bo Zhang, VT Soybean Breeder
- Weed management in soybean: Dr. Michael Flessner, VT Extension Weed Science Specialist
- Integrated pest management approach for soybean: Dr. Sally Taylor, VT Extension Entomologist
- Use of UAV in crop research and production: Dr. Joseph Oakes, Eastern VA AREC Superintendent
- Industrial hemp production: Dr. John Fike, VT Forage Extension Specialist
After the field tour, there will be a short indoor program with updates from Virginia Tech researchers and industry personnel. Attendees will also have the opportunity to visit with several vendors. The event will conclude with lunch provided by Nixon’s Catering. CCA credits will be available.
The field day will begin with registration at 8:00am on September 24. Field tours will begin at 8:30 am. The Eastern VA AREC is located at 2229 Menokin Road, Warsaw, VA 22572. For more information and to register, contact Joseph Oakes: email@example.com