Farm Progress is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Serving: United States

Taking to the skies with new UAVs

As the Federal Aviation Administration nears final rules for use of unmanned aerial vehicles for broader use, this gallery offers a look at some tools you'll want to check out if you're interested in using the technology on your farm.

Keep in mind that right now to fly a UAV where anything you do may bring you a boost in profit (so monitoring your crop and making changes or applications applies) you need a Section 333 from the FAA. This permit requires that you have a pilot's license (or the UAV operator does) and you must have an observer on the ground too.

Check out this high-flying gallery for a look at some of the tools available for your use.

This UAV roundup came from the Penton Agriculture Farm Show team which includes includes Tom Bechman, Indiana Prairie Farmer; Lon Tonneson, Dakota Farmer; and Mindy Ward, Missouri Ruralist

TAGS: Technology
Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.