The last order of business for the 50th Annual American Peanut Research and Education Society meeting was to recognize outstanding achievements.
APRES President Peter Dotray presented these awards:
Mark Burow, Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Texas Tech University
Joe Sugg Graduate Student Competition
- First Place – D.J. Mahoney, North Carolina State University
- Second Place - K.M. Eason, The University of Georgia
- Third Place - S. Lamon, The University of Georgia
Corteva Agriscience Agriculture Division of DowDuPont Awards
- Research-Barry Tillman, University of Florida
- Education-Peggy Ozias-Akins, University of Georgia
Graduate Student Poster Competition
- First Place - C.C. Weaver, University of Georgia
- Second Place - J.M. Haynes, Clemson University
Coyt T. Wilson Distinguished Service Award
Craig K. Kvien, University of Georgia
Corley Holbrook, USDA-ARS, received a special peanut poster in recognition of his contributions on the APRES board. And Rick Brandenburg, new APRES President, presented Dotray with a plaque in recognition of his service.