July 2, 2008
Learn ideas that could add value to your farm business, all while visiting with alumni and friends. It's all happening at the Progress Pavilion, located on the corner of 6th Street and University Avenue.
* Learn how AgrAbility provides counseling and adaptive equipment to help farmers with disabilities or chronic illness stay in farming.
* Get an expert to diagnose and prescribe treatments for ailing plants or sick soils, or to suggest the best way to manage insects and weeds.
* Consult with a photography specialist about simple things you can do to take better pictures.
* Find out if your well water contains dangerous contaminants. Just bring one pint of your well water in a clean container to the Progress Pavilion.
* Extension Master Gardeners will answer your gardening questions and offer examples of UW-Extension Horticulture publications.
* Learn more about the Wisconsin wildlife that may live on your farm.
* Enter your biggest weed in the biggest weed contest and win one of the daily prizes, or even the grand prize for the largest weed at the show.
The pavilion will also hold a variety of educational booths and informative exhibits from the University of Wisconsin, UW-Extension, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and Natural Resources Conservation Service.
You May Also Like
Current Conditions for
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.
Will Hoosiers recognize farmland loss as an issue?Sep 28, 2023
Stocks data, shutdown threat pressures pricesOct 02, 2023
New England’s best dairiesSep 28, 2023
Farmers look to repeat successful 2022 selling strategies in 2023Oct 02, 2023
When to harvest lodged cornOct 02, 2023
Importance of reproductive efficiencyOct 02, 2023
Farm Progress America, October 3, 2023Oct 02, 2023