Michigan Farmer Logo

Five continuing education units will be offered during the free course in East Lansing, Mich.

September 7, 2022

2 Min Read
Black corrugated water drainage pipe, field tile, in farm field with tile plow or ditcher in background
FREE COURSE: Learn more about drainage systems Sept. 14-15 during a free course at the East Lansing Marriott hotel. JJ Gouin/Getty Images

Want to learn more about planning and designing controlled drainage systems for crop production and environmental protection? Michigan State University Extension is offering a free drainage water management certification course.

Click here to register.

The Sept. 14-15 sessions, which will be at the East Lansing Marriott hotel, are sponsored by the Agricultural Drainage Management Coalition (ADMC).

Sessions include:

  • Drainage design and soils: Soil and water concepts and tools, fundamentals in drainage design, and design tools

  • Introduction to drainage water management design

  • Field zoning, retrofitting elevation plans and economics

Click here for more information on each session and to see the full agenda.

“This course will provide an in-depth look at design and implementation of drainage water management systems on farms, which can help farmers not only manage tile water for boosts to crop yields, but also provide environmental benefits through slowing down and reducing nutrients lost through tile lines,” says Laura Campbell, Michigan Farm Bureau senior conservation and regulatory relations specialist.

Gary Sands, professor and Extension engineer at the University of Minnesota, will lead the certification course. Ehsan Ghane, assistant professor and Extension specialist at Michigan State University, will also speak during the event.

Five continuing education units will be offered. Upon successful completion of the quiz modules, an ADMC course certificate will be awarded.

An ADMC certificate, along with a submitted DIA 164 to your state Natural Resources Conservation Service, can be used to obtain TSP certification for DIA 164. State laws may require a professional engineer’s license regardless of ADMC certification.

Check with your local NRCS state conservation engineer or your local state board of professional engineers.

Source: MSU Extension, which is solely responsible for the information provided and is wholly owned by the source. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.

Subscribe to receive top agriculture news
Be informed daily with these free e-newsletters

You May Also Like