December 18, 2018
At the 2018 annual convention of the Minnesota State Cattlemen’s Association, held Dec. 7 in Alexandria, a number of producers and organizations were honored for their work to help promote the state’s beef industry.
Awards given and those receiving recognition were:
• Minnesota Cattlemen of the Year Award. The team of producers who stepped up a decade ago and continue to volunteer and manage the MSCA food booth at Farmfest each year. Acknowledged for their leadership were Krist Wollum, Porter; Dick and Judy Pesek, Taunton; Grant and Dawn Breitkreutz, Redwood Falls; and Mark Malacek, Morgan.
• Minnesota Cattlewoman Lifetime Achievement. Vicky Fick, Lake City.
• Minnesota Beef Council’s Beef Prime Promoter. Marshall County Ag Association, Warren. Accepting the award at the program was Alysa Tulibaski, University of Minnesota Extension 4-H program coordinator.
• Minnesota Cattlewoman of the Year. Jennifer Schiefelbein, Kimball.
• Orbiter Award. Juanita Boniface, Oak Grove, and presenter Conrad Kvamme, Orbit Farms, Arlington.
• Minnesota Cattlemen’s Beef Industry Service Award. Dave Frederickson, Minnesota Department of Agriculture commissioner.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like
Current Conditions for
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.
This Week in Agribusiness, Dec. 9, 2023Dec 08, 2023
FFA Tribute: Caleb HorneDec 08, 2023
Grains face modest end-of-week cutsJan 18, 2023
USDA issues minor cuts to 2023/24 Brazil soybean cropDec 08, 2023