Pork Checkoff-sponsored events scheduled for World Pork Expo, June 7-9, 2017, at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines, have been announced. World Pork Expo attendees can stop by the Varied Industries Building (booth No. 122) or the Pork Checkoff Hospitality Tent to learn more about Checkoff programs and initiatives.
Pork Checkoff Hospitality Tent (north of the Varied Industries Building)
- Breakfast will be offered beginning at 7:30 a.m. while supplies last. Stop by for snacks daily.
- Enjoy a free business luncheon Wednesday and Thursday at noon. Elwynn Taylor, climatologist for Iowa State University, will present a weather outlook, and Steve Meyer, vice president of pork analysis for Express Markets, Inc., will present market updates.
Pork Checkoff Booth (No. 122 in the Varied Industries Building)
- Have questions about Checkoff-funded education, research and promotion activities? Stop by to learn about Checkoff programs and initiatives.
- Pick up new resources from the Pork Checkoff.
- The PORK Academy, sponsored by the Pork Checkoff, will offer educational seminars for producers on the latest trends in pork production. For a list of the sessions and topics covered, visit http://www.pork.org/wpx.
Also, producers and youth will have the opportunity to become certified in the Youth for the Quality Care for Animals (YQCA) program and PQA Plus® program at sessions held in conjunction with World Pork Expo.
As in years past, the Pork Checkoff will provide dinner on Tuesday and lunch on Thursday and Friday for junior swine exhibitors and their families. The Pork Checkoff also will sponsor activities at the World Pork Expo Junior National Hog Show. For details, visit National Junior Swine Association and Team Purebred.
Source: Pork Checkoff